Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 3
August 28, 2010
Lifeline Malawi Mission House, Ngodzi

After long hours of airports and flying we safely arrived in Ngodzi
and were greeted by Gift and Lambini. All our luggage arrived safely
except the wheel barrows so an extra two hours was spent trying to
find them – no success yet.

We were welcomed by a beautiful sunset on the drive home. Excitement
mounted as we got a glimpse of the familiar surrounding of Lifeline
Malawi Clinic and community. The extra time spent at the airport
caused us to be traveling in the dark for the last half of the trip
and Connie (who was riding passenger seat) had her eyes closed the
whole time.
Arriving at the compound we were greeted in the dark – there was a
blackout. We were served dinner and the lights came back on half-way
through the meal.

No one dared challenge Sister Gertrude to an arm wrestle for her bed!!
We all made our respective nests and there was much discussion around
what we would all wear the next day.  The mosquito nets were dropped
down over the beds and we were able to be horizontal for the first
time in over 50 hours.

So, here we are.  This has been a unique journey to this place.  For
me (Victoria) it has been highly spiritual and today is almost too
overwhelming as it is exactly 9 months from this morning Nov. 29/10 on
a Sunday morning in church where God called me on this mission.  And,
here I am now in fulfillment of that call.  The tears are streaming
freely.  God is soooooooooo good.  God is sooooooooo faithful. What is
the significance of 9 months?  9 months is the season of being
pregnant and giving birth.  This has been a spiritual pregnancy for
me.  I cannot articulate what God is birthing in me.  I don’t know if
I will have any understanding in it for months or even years.  That’s
okay.  All I say is God – have your way.  I am your willing and
faithful servant.

The word for today from my devotional is: GOD WANTS TO DO MORE FOR YOU
THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE, SO START ASKING BOLDLY.  Lord, I want your heart
for this mission.  Have your way in me I pray.  Unite us as a team to
serve you with Your hands, Your feet, Your lips.  Have us – we’re
yours!